Thursday 22 November 2012

I cannot wake up in the morning without you on my mind.

22/11/12


He was standing there, swaying to the melody.
Pot-bellied and care free,
pint sized and a smile so large it would take a slight turn of the head to see it all.
On lookers were laughing, but a laugh of amazement, rather than to jest with their friends.
The moment was beautiful and it filled you with an emotion of content excitement that spread like wildfire throughout the entire place.
His attitude to persevere although alone, was admirable.
Did I pity him? Perhaps. But only for a moment.
Not belittling pity, the gentleman was more than quadruple my age and I would never take such a pretentious stance on someones actions in life. But a pity of quiet sadness, he was clearly enjoying himself and I didn't want him to ever feel like what he was doing was being made a mockery of.
The feeling only passed through for a few seconds though, until I realised that, he was absolutely in his element, the adoration coming from young ladies and the acceptance from young men. His age, build or hair colour didn't matter as though it would if you were taking up a seat on a bus, at that moment he was an equal to these people and judging by his determination to carry on throughout to evening, he didn't ever want it to end.
This, ladies and gentlemen, is the man who made my evening last night, through the hard bass and candle lit pub, he lit it up like a firework, all eyes were on him. He was my inspiration.





No comments:

Post a Comment